1st place Essex kite park sessions jam

Essex kite park jam/end of season party took place on the 19th-21st of September. This is a cool event set up as a nice and relaxed way to get more riders in to competition. Where you get 2 hours to free ride as much or as little as you like, so just like kiting with your friends at your local spot. With Pro and Am categories there is something for every one! not forgetting that Essex kite park is one of the only places in the UK to have Ramps and rails. The end results are decided by the riders, so basically go big and make sure you get seen, what do you have to lose! this is the sort of event that I would very much like to see go massive in the future, because not only does it push the limits of KLBing. It also provides one of the very best social sides to the sport.


I drove down to Essex kite park on the Saturday, not much wind was forecasted for today, but that was not a problem. As not only was I going to meet up with most of the guys from the Raw kite British championships. I had planed to have a trampoline session, yeah thats right Essex kite park have a trampoline with a kite bar to practice new tricks on. also catching up with my team mates the Trampa Boards kite team. on arrival there was a good turn out with tents and vans set up ready for the weekend of kiting and chilling. After a quick hello to every one, Ash Garwood and myself set the bar up on the trampoline and began sending different tricks, all was amazing in till I nearly pulled my arm out the socket with a under rotated front to blind! and that was it. Time to rest, as I wanted to ride my best tomorrow as the wind was looking good for the jam. As it got dark it was time to light the big bonfire, Chill out and catch up with everyone and as always the fun and laughter ended around Steve Parkes BBQ, trust me you have never seen so much food on a BBQ and so good, he has the nick name Delia!!

On the sunday, I was awoken buy the bright sunshine. Excited by the wind blowing on the van, it was time to get up. Breakfast was already sorted with the rest of the Trampa team cooking sausages and bacon on the BBQ. Keen to get out and test the wind, I was one of the first out. Hitting the ramps flat out to see how much hight I could get, after an hour of blasting the Ramp. Riders briefing was called, Time to jam. Ash Garwood, Will Rose, James (Floyed) Tideswell and myself pushing the Pro category with big Board off variations, spins(lost count on how many the limit was) handle passes and nice styled big air tricks on and off the ramps. Im super stoked to have taken the win in the Pros, all I remember is throwing a big unhooked 1260 spin off the ramp! I must also say the Am category had a nice hight level of riding, well done to all the guys who competed. Sam Wyard took the win in Am after boosting massive and styling his tricks.  

  
Results

Pro

1st Kris Beech 
    
Am 

1st) Sam Wyard
2nd) Steve Parkes 
3rd) Scott Whale

most improved Umar Al Rawi  

Watch this space for the next event at http://www.essexkitepark.co.uk 



Ramp Style 

Invert 360 one hander 

1st place prize

Board off

Unhooke kite loop railey 

Board off

Handle Pass 

Ramp Style 

Tail Grab 

Unhooked 720
360 Board off

Railey

Big Thanks to Peter Lynn kites and Trampa boards for my kit, Ash Garwood/Essex kite park and Chris Hayes http://chrishayesphotographics.co.uk for the Photos, Essex kite park for holding these amazing events. 

Comments

Popular Posts